We are Vira Health Limited (UK Company Registration Number: 12542209)
We understand that menopause can be a complex time and the experience is different for everyone. Here at Vira Health, we aim to build a community of women who are there to help one another by sharing their experiences and answering commonly asked questions that are less commonly answered.
You may interact with us when you visit our sites:
How do we us your personal data?
- When you sign up to the Stella trial. We will collect your name and email address in order to send you an access link and sign in details for the Stella app as well as any supporting information you may require whilst using the app. We process your personal data in this way as we have a legitimate interest to promote our business, and provide you with access to the trial that you have requested from us.
- When you attend one of our events or any third party events. When you attend one of our events (whether in person or online e.g. via Zoom), we will usually collect your name and email address. We collect this information because it’s in our legitimate interests to know who’s attending our events. Where you provide us with your personal data at a third party event where we are also in attendance, we will process this under our legitimate interest to promote our business and follow up on your expression of interest in our group.
- When you apply for a job with us. When you enter into the recruitment process with us we may collect your name, contact details, recruitment information (e.g. right to work documentation and references), qualifications, accreditations, and any additional information we may receive from our recruitment partners. We will use your personal data to assess your suitability for our available roles before taking steps at your request to enter into a contract with you. Where we process your right to work documentation, we will do so to comply with our legal obligations.
- When you contact us. When you contact us either by phone or email with general queries, we will usually collect your name and contact details, because it is in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query. When we send you our news updates because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you. If you have not opted-in and we send you our news updates emails, we do this because of our legitimate interest to promote our business. You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing email@example.com.
- On social media. When you connect with us on social media including on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn we will collect and look after your handle, name and email address under our legitimate interest to respond to your comments and queries promptly.
- To continue to provide our services to you in the event our business is sold. In order to ensure we can continue to provide our services to you by a prospective buyer, we may process your personal data where we have a legitimate interest to do so. If you object to our use of your personal data in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
Who do we share your data with?
- Business partners, researchers, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of the contract we enter into with them and for the advancement of high quality menopause care.
- Analytics and search engine providers to assist us with the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Promotional events, we do not sell data for marketing purposes. We may share your data with an event organiser. We will always tell you before (usually on the event registration form) and you will be given the chance to opt-out before we do this.
- Prospective buyers of our business under our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer.
Where is my data stored?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our third-party cloud data storage providers. We store our data in Ireland.
How long do we keep your data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as we need it to fulfil the purposes we collected it for and we will periodically review the personal data in our reviews to ensure we are only holding what is necessary. We may be required to keep your data for longer in order to be able to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements. Please note where we are relying on your consent to hold your personal data, you can withdraw this consent at any time and we can delete your review.
Where we carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you we may use this anonymised information indefinitely without notifying you. We use this anonymised information to analyse trends in menopause symptoms and treatments to develop the Stella app and support other similar programmes around the world.
What are my rights under data protection law?
You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
- access your personal data (also known as a “subject access request”);
- correct incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you;
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
- ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
- object to how we are using your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales. If you are based outside of England and Wales, you can find your relevant supervisory authority here.
If you have any questions about when these rights will apply to you, please do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, comments and more detail
Your feedback and suggestions on this policy are welcome.
We’ve worked hard to create a policy that’s easy to read and clear. But if you feel that we have overlooked an important perspective or used language which you think we could improve, please let us know by email at email@example.com.
If you’d prefer, you can always get in touch with us by post to our registered office at 1st Floor, Buckhurst House, 42/44 Buckhurst Avenue, Sevenoaks, Kent, England, TN13 1LZ.